Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Shaving my head for the first time: Electric Razor or hair clipper/trimmer?

I'm planning on having a barber cut it down to a half before I shave it off myself. This is my first time and I honestly don't know if I'll keep ti shaved, or just trimmed.



Should I go with an electric razor or a hair trimmer (the type the hair stylists in salons use)? I was thinking of a hair trimmer but it looks a bit intimidating for a first timer. Closeness is not an issue, I'm not going for a super close, smooth shave. I just want to see how I'll look, at least for the first time around.



Help! What should I buy?



Thanks.



Shaving my head for the first time: Electric Razor or hair clipper/trimmer?

DONT DO IT!!!!



Shaving my head for the first time: Electric Razor or hair clipper/trimmer?

why don't you just have the barber cut it all off and save yourself the hassle?



Shaving my head for the first time: Electric Razor or hair clipper/trimmer?

You will never be able to shave half inch long hair with an electric razor (if that's what you mean). I shave once or twice a week and there is how i do it: I always make sure to run the clippers with no Gard to get the shortest stubble as possible.



I then take a very hot shower and lather generously with regular soap. I use regular shaving cream and i use Gillette custom + pivot razor (2 blades) which i buy at Cosco in packs of 52 for $26.00. That does the job perfectly. After that i use Vaseline intensive care extra strength with moisturizer that not only take care of my skin but it also allows me to feel all the imperfections and to correct them immediately. Try it you'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment