Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Clippers for my dog (poodle)?

Hi I have been trying to find out which clippers are the best of the best to cut poodle hair I am so mixed up I just want the best I dont care about the price.



I just dont want cheap ones which will not last as long thanks



Clippers for my dog (poodle)?

The best choice of clippers for grooming a poodle is one in which the blade can be detached, so you can use multiple size blades depending on what you want to accomplish. They are called "A-5" clippers and there are several manufacturers. Some of these include Oster and Andis. These will last for years with proper care. With the clipper purchase, you will get one #10 blade, which is too short for most poodle clipping, except the face. You may need to buy different size blades. A big question is: What size (variety) of poodle do you have? How do you want him/her to look when you are finished? What experience do you have with dog grooming using electric clippers? They can be very dangerous, and you can seriously injure your dog, if you do not handle them right. That doesn't mean that you can't learn to clip your own dog. It might be helpful to read some books/articles on clipping poodles (toy vs miniature vs standard). Also, the breeder you bought your dog from or a good mentor or groomer should be able to help you the first time or two. Good luck with you poodle. They are GREAT dogs and lots of fun!



Clippers for my dog (poodle)?

49.99 for a good one at petsmart no card rechargable made for grooming pets i got this for you from their website http://www.petsmart.com/global/search/se...



Clippers for my dog (poodle)?

i am a pet grooming salon manager and i've used andis clippers since my first groom. they cost around $130 and blades are extra but you'll probably never have to replace them and they are the easiest to work with.



Clippers for my dog (poodle)?

I know the industry of dog grooming has changed since I was active in it.... so some else may have a better idea. I used Oster A5 clippers. Cost is approx $120. with one blade. Then the blades you will need will run about 20 to 30 dollars each. These blades can be sharpened many times so last quite some time.



Here's a link: http://www.householdappliance.com/oster_...



I have the Golden A5



The Andis clipper mentioned above are good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment