Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hairloss advice, ladies, please help!!! I look ugly with a shaved head but I can't stand dealin

I am a 33 yr old handsome guy (or so I've been told) but in the last few months, my receding hairline has gotten extremely high and I have now started thinning. I would compare my male pattern baldness to that of James Woods. All my life I have always styled my hair 'up' spiky or pompadour style but now I can't anymore, it just looks BAD! And when I comb it down or have bangs I look like a geek and you can tell I am trying to hide my hairline. I have shaved my head many times in the past, both totally bald (scary, as I am really pale and have a huge dent in my head) and also just buzzed (a #1 with the clippers). I honestly like having my hair buzzed. I grow a goatee and have a little bad boy image going on plus I don't have to deal with fussing with my hair. I know I shouldn't care what other people think but every time I buzz my head people tell me I look terrible and looked so much better with hair. I just don't have the right head for baldness. If i shave my head I look bad. Help!



Hairloss advice, ladies, please help!!! I look ugly with a shaved head but I can't stand dealing with my hair!

Not a lady, but, I am a barber who deals with this issue constantly with my clients. As several have mentioned, do NOT try to cover it. A shorter style will be much more attractive for you. You mentioned a #1 clipper. May I suggest a 2 on the sides blended up and scissor cutting the top the width of your barber's fingers? This will give you a bit of coverage ( you won't see skin on the sides), not make you look desparate, and will give you enough length to give it a little direction, as you mentioned, think James Woods.



Nioxin is a salon available line that will help as well.



Brushing you hair/massaging your scalp. Remember the old stories of women brushing their hair 100 strokes before bedtime. Turns out that makes sense. Stimulating the scalp increases circulation, keeps sebacious oil production at peak performance levels, and keeps pore from cloggin which would cause fallout.



If these changes have just recently come along consider the sources of balding: Diet, stress, genetics, and hygene. I doubt hygene changed, genetics can't be helped, so maybe reduce junk intake and take some time for yourself or to blow off steam?



Hairloss advice, ladies, please help!!! I look ugly with a shaved head but I can't stand dealing with my hair!

maybe you could consider a solution such as www.coolpiece.com



Hairloss advice, ladies, please help!!! I look ugly with a shaved head but I can't stand dealing with my hair!

The biggest piece of advice I can give you is not to try and cover it up. Girls will notice that a lot more than if you have a receding hairline and wear your hair normally. Just keep a close cut; there's nothing you can really do. If you grow your hair out longer (to wear you can create the pompadour) it is far easier to notice the thinning hair than with the close cut. Embrace it and try not to let it get to you. I know it must be a very sensitive thing going on, but just think about it; at least you're a healthy man that doesn't have cancer or anything. Your life could be far worse! :)



Hairloss advice, ladies, please help!!! I look ugly with a shaved head but I can't stand dealing with my hair!

I will suggest you to use a line of hair products that it's called NIOCIN this are generic products that use the prescription made by great tricologists (speacilists of loss of hair). They have a huge line of products that actually help my husband with his hair loss. You can buy them in all mayor chain pharmacies.



Hairloss advice, ladies, please help!!! I look ugly with a shaved head but I can't stand dealing with my hair!

Who cares what others think???????? Tell them to kiss your booty. Its all in your head, or should I say NOT on your head. Its ok man. It happens,. You are cool no matter what is on your head, so get over it and be happy. You know it takes more muscles to frown with than it does to smile with.........right?

No comments:

Post a Comment