Saturday, August 1, 2009

Small balding patches around my head?! after clipping my hair?

well, recently i notice i have been dropping more hair than usual, about 50-70 a day and my hair is getting thinner. I decided to get a buzzcut so i went to the barber and had it cut wiht a #2 clippers. Everything was fine cool, but i do notice some real small balding patches on the top of my head i ignored it. just a moment ago, i decided to have a shorter hair i so clipped off my hair myself with a #1 clippers and right now my sides and infact all around my head i could see small blading patches!!! what is happening? Is it because of the cheap clippers i used or something?



Small balding patches around my head?! after clipping my hair?

This happens a lot if you don't know what you are doing (or you just plain can't see what you are doing). The patches are probably due to adding a bit of extra pressure, or the angle of the blade as it went over your head (being a bit bumpy it's nigh on impossible to keep it level by yourself).



Give it a week and if the problem persists then maybe visit a doc as it could be alopecia. It seems unlikely that it would be since it just started when you got your hair cut.



Hope it grows back!



Small balding patches around my head?! after clipping my hair?

There are two answers here...



1) Either you screwed up with the clippers and you went too deep with them and cut that area shorter....If this is the case you would notice the hair growing back the first time



2) You are starting to loose your hair. It is normal to lose about 100 hairs a day, depending upon hair thickness sometimes more, sometimes less.



If this is the case you can either accept it, or try some of the products that are out to prevent you from losing anymore hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment