Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I have a Bichon/Shitzu (teddy bear) and I am having trouble finding clippers that will actually cut

I need to know the EXACT type of clippers I should buy and where to purchase them. And any other information you can offer to help me with this situation.



Signed.....frustrated!



I have a Bichon/Shitzu (teddy bear) and I am having trouble finding clippers that will actually cut his hair.?

Bischons are best if they are sissored instead of clipped. I have a bichon and I can't get the clippers to get through her fur.



I have a Bichon/Shitzu (teddy bear) and I am having trouble finding clippers that will actually cut his hair.?

Your best idea is to take her to the groomers. They can deal with all types of dog hair and know how to properly groom dogs.



I have a Bichon/Shitzu (teddy bear) and I am having trouble finding clippers that will actually cut his hair.?

Try the oster A-5 clipper or the oster golden A-5 clipper ,they are really good they cut through fine hair.



I really recomended you.



I have a Bichon/Shitzu (teddy bear) and I am having trouble finding clippers that will actually cut his hair.?

take him to a good groomer like petsmart, it saves you so much energy, and they have everything you need :)



I have a Bichon/Shitzu (teddy bear) and I am having trouble finding clippers that will actually cut his hair.?

I like Oster and Andi's clippers with the detachable blades the best. Most petshops sell a basic pair. You can also find them at Drs Foster and Smith, and also petedge.com. I found a pair on ebay. You do not need the most expensive "professional" pair for home use.



Some of the clippers meant for human hair do not cut as well as pet clippers. My boyfriend uses my dog clippers to cut his own hair.. he says its the best set of clippers he's ever used on his head.



I have a Bichon/Shitzu (teddy bear) and I am having trouble finding clippers that will actually cut his hair.?

Oster or Andis or Wahl are all good. But if the dog is matted you will have to go down to a #7F or a #10 to get UNDER the matts. It's best to keep the dog brushed and then clip it if you want to keep hair on the dog.



I'd say have a groomer do the dog the first time or two...help you set length and pattern and then try doing it yourself.



Bichon and Shih Tzus (correct spelling) both matt up easily. So brush daily and keep in a a nice clip.



Dr. Fosters and Smith or Petedge are the ones I buy from also. Blades are as important as a good clipper.

No comments:

Post a Comment